Study Programmes at FET Colleges
Who can apply:
SA citizens interested in full-time National Certificate (Vocational), Diploma or N4-N6 studies in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Millwrights, etc.) at Souh African FET Colleges.
Preference is given to:
- current Grade 12 learners
- matriculated applicants waiting for a study opportunity
- full-time students in their first year studying towards the qualifications specified above.
Bursary amount: R9,000 to R25,000 (max) p.a.
Main selection criteria: Academic merit and financial need.
Instructions for submission of application forms
Applications will only be considered if completed in full and if all the supporting documents have been included and signed by the applicant. Documents that accompany the application form must be certified:
1. A copy of your mid-year/June examination results. If you are not studying this year, send a copy of your latest exam results, together with an explanation of what you are doing this year. This is essential as the exam results play an important role in the selection process.
2. Matric/NSC results: If you have already completed matric/NSC, include your results, together with your latest tertiary (June) results. This is compulsory for all tertiary students.
3. Two testimonials: One testimonial from a responsible educational official, e. g. your principal or lecturer and the other by a community, political or spiritual leader. Use the testimonial forms in the application form or attach suitable testimonials.
4. Write an essay on your life on the page included. Use additional pages if necessary. This must be written by you. Your parent, guardian or friend may write a letter of recommendation.
5. Proof of salaries* of parent(s), guardian or spouse (*e.g. payslip, letter from employer, sworn statement or tax return statement).
6. A copy of your South African ID.
Changing your study programme after submitting your application form may lead to a cancellation of the bursary, if granted.
No bursaries are available for private tertiary institutions.
Applicants could either complete the online application form or request a hardcopy application form to be sent by e-mail or surface mail.
· For applying online, please follow this link. Indicate in the relevant space that you are applying for an AVI bursary.
· For receiving an application form by e-mail, please request one in one of two ways:
o sms the word STUDY and your surname, initials and e-mail address to 31022. Standard rates apply.
· For requesting a hardcopy application form to be sent to you by surface mail, you may select any of the following methods:
o sms the word STUDY and your surname, initials, postal address and postal code to 31022. Standard rates apply.
o send a letter with your surname, initials, postal address and postal code to: The National Director, Studietrust, PO Box 29192, Melville, 2109.
· The closing date for requesting an application form is 31 August.
· The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 30 September. This deadline applies to all modes of application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
Studietrust (AVI’s bursary administrator) receives thousands of application forms each year and it is therefore not possible for us to acknowledge receipt of all completed forms. All applications will be considered and selection will take place from September to December. All applicants will be notified of the outcome not later than 31 December.
Contact Studietrust if you need more information: